Tuesday 23 August 2022

 Pssssht Pssssht...


I'm at a tournament admiring a display board, it's been made by a prominent player and it's gorgeous. No real surprise, his boards are always excellent. He's made a booklet, full colour that has his army background in it. Quite nice to see actually, backgrounds seem to have gone out of fashion. It's very detailed, I skim through it.

The player walks over, he has a big grin on his face, and an aerosol can of compressed air in his hand, he squeezes it. Pssssht Pssssht... Wind effects I puzzle? He starts talking me through his army, it's all very impressive. He tells me all about the mini's he's used. Pssssht Pssssht. Painting style. Pssssht Pssssht. Their background. Pssssht Pssssht... This goes on for a while.

I start to look closer at his board, it's actually not as good as I thought. He's scattered dungeon tiles from Advanced Heroquest all over it. Unusual. Also there's no miniatures on it currently, perhaps they are still at the table from his last game?

The player regains my attention, our eyes meet, his grin grows impossibly wider. His hand gently caressing and squeezing the can. Pssssht Pssssht...




And then I wake. It's 4am and my wife is snoring in the bed next to me. Pssssht Pssssht. I nudge her and her snoring increases in volume... I gently pull her arm suggesting she sleeps in a different position. "STOP WAKING ME UP!" She exclaims, the decibels rising. I decide it's probably better to let sleeping lions be, and spend the next hour thinking about writing a blog the next day...

Pssssht Pssssht...




No comments:

Post a Comment